Today is March 1st and I got a little saddened as I thought about the fact that I have not made good progress on my 2017 goals. As a matter of fact, I haven’t done anything. Transparency is a trait of mine and it’s a gift and a curse. I say it’s a curse because […]
Today is March 1st and I got a little saddened as I thought about the fact that I have not made good progress on my 2017 goals. As a matter of fact, I haven’t done anything. Transparency is a trait of mine and it’s a gift and a curse. I say it’s a curse because as I meet new potential leads and business partners, I would hate for them to look at this roadblock as a permanent view for my business. But being real is all I can be. 2017 started and life got all in the way of my plans. So I asked myself this morning, are you really committed to the vision? To answer the question, yes! My why is huge. The changes that I make in my life will really benefit my family and immediate circle. I want to make a name for myself other than being a mom. I’ve given 17 years of my life to being a parent and I’ve lost myself along the way. So how do I get back on track? I really need to take a dose of my own medicine. I can train and teach others what to do but If I don’t start implementing my own knowledge, I will never get anywhere. My sweetie told me that this morning and it was a confirmation!
If you are in my predicament, here is what you can do to get back on track.
- Find an accountability partner. Life will always get in the way. Having someone that you can talk to, who will tell you the truth, and who can encourage your small victories is very important. When you only focus on the large goals and don’t celebrate the small achievements, you can get burned out. Quitting is the behavior of 98% of people. Remember you are apart of the 2% if you are reading this.
- 2.Set realistic goals. Consider your current time allotment if you are currently employed full time and building your dream on a part time basis. This kind of ties back to #1. Be sure to pick an accountability partner in your same level. That way you have an understanding of the trials that you may face. For example, I can’t solicit the help of a full time stay at home mom because our time freedom is different. Those that have no kids can’t be it either. They don’t know the task of yielding your dreams to children. But your accountability partner doesn’t have to be in your same business. That’s why choosing and networking is so important. The key to setting a goal is to set it with the end in sight. I start backwards. So if I want to make 100k in my business per year, I divide that by months, then weeks then days.
- Stop complaining. This should be number one for me. I know I have a lot on my plate. These are the cards that I was dealt. Being a single mom is hard but I am not the only single mom out there. Sometimes I have to remind myself of that. Being a business owner is hard. Being debt free is hard and feels damn near impossible. But why are these things hard? Because I have not solidified a support system. I have not asked people to help me. I have not incorporated a village to help me raise my kids. This is my doing, and not anyone else’s. so I need to stop complaining. What are you complaining about? Write those things down and make them your why! Make those changes first so that you can eliminate the distractions.
- Talk to people. The sales business is all about getting leads in your pipeline. The more leads we have, the more sales we have the potential of closing. I’ll admit that I have been extremely focused on my job, kids, and having fun; rather than on my business. The conversations that I’ve been having have not been about my business and how I can help others. Shame on me and you too if you have not been having meaningful conversations.
- Stay the course. I saved this for last because all of the other tips are related to this. Being committed means working rain or shine, when you want to and when you don’t. Life is going to get in the way, you are doing to get distracted, people who you thought would root for you are going to leave you. But if you only focused on the negative, you won’t see the positive. I’ll leave you with this quote that my friend Rob posted on his Facebook…. #repost NO MATTER HOW MANY MISTAKES YOU MAKE OR HOW SLOW YOUR PROGRESS, YOUR STILL AHEAD OF EVERYONE WHO ISN’T TRYING! Stay the course! Stay committed! We will win!
If you received value from this post, share it! You never know how many people have a moment like this in their business. It happens often. Be a blessing to someone and let them know you are with them.